In today’s fast-paced world it is becoming clear that ongoing training is needed to keep skills and knowledge current or up-to-date and develop employee knowledge and skills. According to Piskurich (2006), technology-based training is a great tool for training with the following goals:
- Knowledge acquisition
- Problem solving
- Changing attitudes
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge retention
- Was the information clear and appropriate?
- Were participants motivated?
- Did they retain the information presented?
- Are they applying this knowledge to their work?
- Did the training address the requirements of the job?
- Were the trainees performing the job requirements competently before the training?
- Are the trainees now performing the job requirements competently?
- What are the trainees still not doing correctly?
- Were there any unintended consequences of the training?
Build, Train, Certify and Evaluate